Sunday, August 12, 2012


Nothing blocks out the sound of the screaming. Nothing. When the headphones stoppedworking I started blasting the music – the battery on my phone stays exactl where it was at when I got here. 67%.
This morning I watched this huge group go by of four guys, five girls – two of the girls attacked each other over some argument and the rest of them beat those two to death.
One of the girls had a knife. I waited until the others were gone, then grabbed it. No use in sitting around with a can of mace, that’s good against the odd unruly fare who doesn’t want to pay me his cab fare, but not here.
Addi would have been so much better at adapting to this. She wouldn’t have even needed a weapon against these brutalfuckers. God I miss you Addison. Now more than ever.
But I’ll be keeping strong as I can – difference between here and back home is that things actually die, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment